New in CMS IntelliCAD 8.0
Working with Files
• Open, save, and work with .dwg files of version 2014.
• Work with image files in both IntelliCAD Professional and Standard versions.
Additionally, more raster image formats are supported in IntelliCAD Standard.
• Create custom rendering materials and mapping projection planes in both IntelliCAD Professional and Standard versions.
• Import Collada (.dae files).
• Improved support for DGN overlays, Civil3D, ADT, and mechanical object enablers.
• Attach MrSID MG4 compressed raster images.
• IntelliCAD is available in 64-bit in addition to 32-bit.
• Increased cursor speed.
• Improved PDF export performance and reduced resulting file size.
• Improved performance for multiple sessions on multi-core machines.
• Improved Print Preview zoom performance.
• The grid can be drawn as lines or dots, can display beyond the drawing extents, and can be adaptive, which includes automatic resizing and subdivision based on the zoom level.
• The Dynamic Viewpoint command was enhanced to include multiple ways of selecting a point from which to view three-dimensional entities.
• The 3D Orbit command allows you to orbit a drawing, that is, rotate the view. Commands includes Constrained Orbit, Free Orbit, Continuous Orbit, Constrained X Orbit, Constrained Y Orbit, and Constrained Z Orbit.
• Manage layers with layer states.
• Search for layers by name.
• Filter layers.
• Layer properties include Transparency and Viewport Freeze.
• New Layer Tools menu and toolbar.
• Rendering interface redesigned and enhanced.
• Complete rendering features are now available in IntelliCAD Premium Plus and Premium versions.
• IntelliCAD 8.0 uses Teigha version 3.9.1 from the Open Design Alliance.
• IntelliCAD 8.0 uses VBA 7.1.
• Script command execution uses the DDE API.
• New LISP method (protect) to create protected LISP files.
• New LISP method (acad_truecolordlg) supports true color selection. The old method (acad_colordlg) will continue to call up only the index color dialog.
• New SDS method sds_truecolordialog() supports true color selection. The old method sds_colordialog() will continue to call up only the index color dialog.
• New LISP method to convert RGB color string to an index integer (rgbtoindex). This method has an SDS equivalent: sds_rgbtoindex().
• New LISP method to convert RGB color string to an index integer (sds_indextorbg). This method has an SDS equivalent: sds_indextorgb().
• sds_rgbstrtocolorref changed from a string to a long.
More New Features
• CUI menu files supported.
• Many user interface enhancement features, including more efficient menu and toolbar organization, slimming of toolbars to create more drawing space, and more.
• Many improvements to paperspace, such as UCS icon changes, ease in which modelspace viewports are created, and more.
• All color assignments for screen items, such as background color, icon color, etc., can now be made by choosing Tools > Options > Display tab, then clicking Color Scheme.
• New Quick Select command.
• Tip of the Day now displays as an event in the corner of the main window when IntelliCAD starts.
• Improved grip editing for dynamic blocks.
• Image Attach command supports embedded world file data in MrSID image files.
• New PRINTOPTIONS command for easy accessibility to Print Options.
• New XOPEN command to allow quick editing of attached xref files.
• New Draw Order options to quickly push back or bring forward annotation and hatches.
• Enhanced CUSTOMIZE command eases menu and toolbar customization.
• Added or updated:
3DORBITMODE, CUSTOMICONSPATH, EXPLAYERFILTERWIDTH, FACETRES, GRIDCOLORMAJOR, GRIDCOLORMINOR, GRIDDISPLAY, GRIDMAJOR, GRIDMODE, GRIDPOINTSMAX, GRIDSTYLE, LAYERINVERTFILTER, LAYOUTCREATEVIEWPORT (which replaced and deprecated PSPACEMVIEW), LISPPATH, ORBITCOLOR, PRINTTILESIZE, PSICONCOLOR, QSELECTLISTVALUES, TEXLIBPATH, TRIMALLMAXNESTEDBLOCKLEVEL, UITHEME.
• All color-related system variables were changed to support RGB and index color values:
APERTURECOLOR, AUDIOICONCOLOR, AUTOTRACKCOLOR, BKGCOLOR, BLIPCOLOR, COLORX, COLORY, COLORZ, DZOOMECOLOR, DZOOMSCOLOR, DZOOMVCOLOR, HIGHLIGHTCOLOR, HYPERLINKICONCOLOR, MODELTOOLTIPCOLOR, MODELTOOLTIPBKGCOLOR, OLEBKGCOLOR, PICKBOXCOLOR, PSPACEBCOLOR, PSPACEMCOLOR, PSPACEPCOLOR, SELCROSSINGAREACOLOR, SELCROSSINGFRAMECOLOR, SELWINDOWAREACOLOR, SELWINDOWFRAMECOLOR, SNAPCOLOR, VIEWPORTLOCKBORDERCOLOR.